16:00 – 19:00 Workshop
Managing the tension between technical validation and the legal liability for the validation’s integrity with Dr. Ekkehard Helmig, Attorney-at-Law
- Selling future technologies does not mean to postpone safety aspects to the future
- Can the technology of today anticipate all ramifications of future safety requirements?
- Is the complex hardware of today sufficient for future requirements?
- How is the compatibility of hardware from non-automotive sources secured and available for the life time of the vehicle?
- Legal requirement for hacking prevention
- EU-Regulations: 715/2007, 662/2008, Directive 2001/95/EC
- Implementation of all ISO 26262 requirements into the processes of a Quality Management System under ISO 9001:2015 according to Type-Approval requirements under the regime of Directive 2007/46/EC.
- Liabilities of the OEM and all suppliers.
- Personal liabilities of the Functional Safety Manager